Recital Video Recording Guidelines and Instructions
Saturday, December 5, 2020 by Rachel Yarborough | Uncategorized
The recital is only a week away! I can hardly believe it!! Remind your students to keep practicing consistently -- every day if possible -- to get their piece into tip top shape. I also am constantly reminding my own kids to make sure they are practicing the details according to the assignment sheet that their teacher has given them. This is so important because those details are usually the prioritized goals for putting the finishing touches on a performance.
Please read this email carefully. Since this recital is going to be all virtual there are a number of details that you'll want to know in order to get videos submitted smoothly.
Rehearsals: at home OR in studio DEC 8 and Dec 10
In a normal covid free world, we would have held a dress rehearsal at our recital venue the day prior to the recital. But since we're not having an in person recital, the dress rehearsal simply will entail the process of recording a performance video. That "dress rehearsal" video will be used for the recital. You will choose one of two two options for recording the video and submitting it.
1) Record your video at home following the guidelines provided below. Submit the video via the link provided no later than Thursday Dec. 9. I will be sending a google form that will allow video uploads on Monday of next week. The form will allow you to submit your student's performance video.
2) Signup for a 15 minute slot at the Music Institute via Signup Genius. In this time you will be able to record again and again until you are happy with your recording. The recording will then be submitted for the recital performance. The studio slots will be open on Wednesday from 5:00-7:00 pm or Friday from 4:00-6:00 pm. Please follow this link to sign up for a time: Rehearsal Video session
Important: If you record in studio, please dress in appropriate recital dress for your session! Follow the recital recording guidelines as listed below.
If you do not sign up to record in the studio, then please make sure your video is turned in by THURSDAY, DEC 9! We must have all videos in on time in order to have them ordered and processed for the Zoom recital. I also would recommend that students not record their performance video before their final partner lesson next week. Have the partner lesson first just in case the teacher has any last minute feedback or advice for the final performance.
RECITAL VIDEO GUIDELINES
- Please dress in recital appropriate clothing when you record your video "Sunday Best"
- Position the recording device as demonstrated in attached video example:
- distanced from piano to include full length view of student and piano
- space for student to take a bow before and after they perform
- side profile to replicate an actual recital performance as much as possible
**please note that video demonstrations here do not reflect appropriate recital dress
Recital Recording Demo videos:
RECITAL DAY DEC 12, 10:30 - 11:00 - 11:30 am
Students will be assigned to one of the three recital times above. Please make sure you know when your student is performing. This specific recital time will be shared later today. Each recital time will have a Zoom link that you can share with friends and family. We will also provide PDF programs of the recital so that you can follow along and know who is playing through the recital.
Questions?? Please don't hesitate to ask. I know there are a lot of details.